27 February 2015

Ho Imperato Molto!!!! (I have learned a lot!!!)

Well... The class is done, four weeks of intensive Italian studies have come to an end. I feel very proud of myself and accomplished with how far I have come in a relatively short amount of time. This was an A1 level class (beginner) with some elements of A2 (upper level beginner) mixed in... because we were so good (all 3 of us in the class)!!!

Some days I do have frustration and I forget just how far I have come... from speaking EXTREMELY minimal amounts of Italian (like... really... only Buongiorno and grazie and arrivederci... really.... MINIMAL)... to now actually having the capacity to have a conversation, sure it's a broken and an imperfect and possibly grammatically somewhat incorrect conversation... but I can get my point across and I am understood and also understanding the other speaker... most of the time. I feel proud that I can watch "Master Chef Italia" and understand the jist of the show on my own... I am proud to be able to ask for and give directions, and that I can share funny anecdotes about the cat with Davide's mother...

As this comes to an end, a new beginning beckons. There are changes afoot, big changes...again... and they are exciting and nerve wracking. 

The first change that is impending upon me........is................

MY BIRTHDAY.... and it is a big one, and I am excited and scared and to be honest not quite ready to hear this number but here it is coming towards me real fast. In fact, as here in Italy it is technically already Friday at 12:15am... I have only today and tomorrow left of my life at 28.................................

My 29th will be rung in in style. So I will tell you all about that and also ... my big project for 29.... will be revealed, ASAP (as in before I turn 29... I better get on this)

But before I go (to bed... and then to work on my next and very important blog post)... some Italian Culture.

 Calcio... my first ever live calcio (soccer) game!!! Go Inter!!!



 And... just for fun another cartoon :)

(remember this cartoon is just for fun... in reality body language and hand gestures have countless meanings and interpretations, and this is merely my understanding/interpretation of some of my favorite Italian gesticulations)


No comments:

Post a Comment